Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x242Steve

American Gun and Uniform in Elmsford - CLOSED?

8 posts in this topic

Went by American Gun and Uniform in Elmsford today only to find a hand-written "CLOSED" sign on the door, and the shelves that are visible from street level were empty... Postal carrier who was passing by said they've been shut for a while...

Anyone know if its for good or have they just relocated?

I believe they are Toast.....

Another department in the area came across the same thing when they went to pick up their uniforms. All closed up with no explanation.

They have already started using an outfit in Armonk called New England Sportswear for their uniform needs.

(not an endorsement, but an idea if youre looking)

gee what a surprise ,, closed for business ,,, such great service , what a shame.so sad ,, wink wink. wink.gif

Thanks for the heads up ,, at least I know now to go directly to Somes Uniform in NJ instead of wasting time going to American gun.

Edited by TR54

Actually it may only be temporary.

I was able to get in and speak with one of the guys today and learned they lost there lease, and rather suddenly.

They are currently looking for a new location, preferably in Elmsford. The store is pretty much cleared out and the phone has been placed on hold. All the materials have been put in storage

Hopefully we will see them back soon

As a former employee of American Armored Car that owns American Gun & Uniform and the American Check Cashing all in Elmsford I can tell you that the company (all of it) has been sold.

Lease is up? May be true but they are restructuring with the new management

on all levels of the company. Armored Car, Check Cashing, and Uniform Shop.

Since the store does sell Firearms I am sure the new people have

some red tape to go thru with licenses, etc.

They do want to re-open... When? Unknown....K

gee what a surprise ,, closed for business ,,, such great service , what a shame.so sad ,, wink wink. wink.gif

Thanks for the heads up ,, at least I know now to go directly to Somes Uniform in NJ instead of wasting time going to American gun.

NEW ENGLAND UNIFORM in DANBURY HAS BEEN OUR SUPPLER FOR YEARS. GREAT SERVICE cool.gif

Went by American Gun and Uniform in Elmsford today only to find a hand-written "CLOSED" sign on the door, and the shelves that are visible from street level were empty... Postal carrier who was passing by said they've been shut for a while...

Anyone know if its for good or have they just relocated?

Word on the street has been that they were going out of business. Our department stopped dealing with them some time back due to poor service, billing problems, and a generally poor approach to customer relations. We are now dealing with Some's in Hackensack, NJ, and we are very happy.

Good Luck!

CLOSED FOR GOOD!