Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WAS967

Empire State Ambulance ALS Contracts?

11 posts in this topic

Okay. I'm working my usual Monday night shift and as usual relieve Mr. Buffy who has every radio going on scan and listening to half the world. I hear a foreign dispatch (later discovered to be Ulster) for Kerhonkson with Empire State Ambulance ALS to respond to an ATV accident at Route-209 and Airport Rd (or wherever).

Of course I'm like "Where the %$*( is Kerhonkson?" and "ESA does ALS?" (I thought they always called 39M1 for that [poor tommy]).

So my inquiry is this: What 911 contracts with municipalities does ESA have? Does ESA have an ALS contract all the way up there in Ulster County? Or was this call some kind of fluke?

Putnam County and Kingston i believe

Kingston would certainly explain why they were responding to Kerhonkson. When did they start doing Kingston? Didn't MLSS have that contract up until recently?

Mobile Life Support has the city of Kingston. ESA has a office in Kingston, by Kingston hospital I believe. They are the exclusive ALS to the Kerhonkson-Accord First Aid Squad.

Kerhonkson-Accord FAS is the only 911 ESA does in Ulster County as primary ALS. They have a sub-station out there, and they rent a garage across from City of Kingston Fire HQ, near The Kingston Hospital, where they do some transports. They originally tried to pick up everything Alamo dropped when they reduced their Ulster Co. Division, K-AFAS were the only ones to follow, everyone else went to Mobile Life exclusively.

What areas does Alamo still cover in Ulster? Do they still respond across the bridge from CoP?

What areas does Alamo still cover in Ulster? Do they still respond across the bridge from CoP?

Highland, Modena and I think Clintondale.

In Ulster County they still cover Clintondale & Highland as Primary EMS. Modena, Gardiner, Esopus, & Milton as the ALS provider.

ALS contracts? How come I often wonder if I am Empire's ALS provider and I don't work for them?

ALS contracts?  How come I often wonder if I am Empire's ALS provider and I don't work for them?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

ALS contracts?  How come I often wonder if I am Empire's ALS provider and I don't work for them?

Hey Tom they were just looking for a medic that know how to do their JOB!! THATS ALL, They did the same thing yesterday and called 35 medic to assist them and the VETS Home.

TOM dont forget to pick your PAYCHECK up on Friday at Empire Base!!!

Edited by irishfire2491