Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest alsfirefighter

PowerPoint Background Assistance

5 posts in this topic

Alright...looking for some input from my techie buddies out there (I probably should just email Seth first, he always helps me out), for some input and guideance. I pretty much know powerpoint inside and out by now but I am having a problem with figuring out how I can make a particular background for powerpoint. I hopefully attached 2 pictures of what I want to do from another powerpoint I use. I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I want to take the normal photo and turn it into the other. Thanks for any assistance anyone can give.

post-85-1180916224.jpg

post-85-1180916250.jpg

The bottom photo looks as though it's a normal map. Essentially, you need to take your original picture and then run it through a filter in Photoshop which will use red green and blue to determine depth....basically to have light (in a 3d application) react realistically with it. I'll shoot you a PM.

Even cheaper (and easier to use), is PMView. Download the trial version and look on the menu bar for all the effects and filters. Inexpensive, and a great pic catalogue app.

Thanks for the replies guys. Goose thanks for the PM. I'll send you them as soon as you can get back to me.