Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bullard TI Commander Problems

4 posts in this topic

Open questions to anyone using Bullard's TI Commander TIC:

1. How do you charge the batteries: external or in the vehicle mount cradle?

2. Is it just us or does the cable they provide to charge in the cradle just suck?

3. Anybody come up with any good ideas to resolve charging problems?

At one point I had called Bullard to complain that the way the designed the charging system sucks and they did not design the product around the target audience...the nice lady on the other end of the phone actually told me that "Yes we know some people are having issues. It is not that we have any design issues, it is because firemen are just too rough on the equipment." I was polite and just remained quite for a few seconds before I hung up the phone.....

Yea, didn't you know? You're suppossed to treat the cameras gently, keep them clean & don't expose them to heat & water biggrin.gif

Why did you remain quiet...TIC's are not free...they are made for the fire service and if there is an issue with the product the company should be more than willing to correct it. They should've have done better research to begin with and this issue would not be an issue! Heavy duty is the only way things get done in the emergency services!

They did make a change to the charging cable, but it requires the camera be sent to the factory and is not a free repair. There is also no recall. I was quite be cause I was stunned by her answer and too polite to say what I wanted to.

For now, we just rotate the batteries on a regular basis.