Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Plectron

What Scanner...

6 posts in this topic

The 996 or the bct15? I would prefer the 15 because of the cheaper price tag, but my radio guy says that only the 996 will work. As far as I can tell they are the same, except for the 996 having the digital option. Some insight into this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The 996 or the bct15? I would prefer the 15 because of the cheaper price tag, but my radio guy says that only the 996 will work. As far as I can tell they are the same, except for the 996 having the digital option. Some insight into this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

if you are not worried about scanning a digital system, the BCT 15 will do the same job as the 996t

You need to determine what and where you want to monitor. If you are looking to monitor Westchester's new system, it is analog and the BCT 15 will do fine. If you want to listen to Rockland's new system, it will be digital and you will need the 996T. Looking through the FCC's website I see that Mahopac High School has a pending application for a UHF low power trunked system at their site.

More information on trunktracking can be found at RadioReference Wiki.

Info on scanners can be found at Radio Shack Scanners Wiki and Uniden Scanners Wiki.

Edited by SteveOFD

I've listened to Police, Fire, and EMS with a $100.00 scanner and $900.00 scanner they ALL work the same, various options.

What you buy depends on your needs or wants. haha

Shop around. biggrin.gif

http://www.scannerworld.com

If you are looking to monitor Westchester's new system, it is analog and the BCT 15 will do fine.

Thanks, thats all I needed to know.