Oswegowind

Peekskill Prostitution Busts!

8 posts in this topic

Story from Lohud.com:

8 busted in Peekskill, accused of soliciting sex from undercover troopers

By TERENCE CORCORAN

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: July 19, 2007)

PEEKSKILL - Be careful about soliciting a prostitute in Peekskill. She may be a cop.

Eight Peekskill men learned that lesson the hard way this week when city police teamed with state police for a prostitution sting, Detective Sgt. Eric Johansen said today.

Police have received several complaints from residents of the 300 block of Highland Avenue about prostitutes working their block.

So on Tuesday night, undercover troopers with the New York State Police posed as prostitutes on Highland Avenue.

Eight men who approached the women for sex were charged with patronizing a prostitute, a misdemeanor. Several of them had their vehicles impounded because they were using them in the commission of a crime, police said.

Charged were: Angel Sacasari, 40; Juan Rojas, 31; Carlos Lituma, 29; Edwin Morales, 26; Luis Morocho, 30; Javier Ortez-Soto, 19; Manuel Romero, 46; and Luis Lucero, 29.

In addition, police said they will be notifying federal immigration officials because it appears that the majority of those arrested are undocumented immigrants from Central or South America.

Chief Eugene Tumolo vowed to continue to crack down on crimes like prostitution that have a negative impact on certain neighborhoods.

"The police department is committed to eliminating the nuisances associated with prostitution and regularly deploys plainclothes and uniform officers whose specific task is to target these and other quality-of-life offenses," Tumolo said in a statement this morning.

If you have time see the comments on this article in the forums section. Funny! I am sure in any language, someone asking if you need a taxi and how much for a bj are clearly recognizable! Here is the link: Lohud.com Prostitution Bust Story, Peekskill, NY

On a side note, there are some pretty troopers over there in the Peekskill/Cortlandt area. LOL

HA HA there wives must love to see those names in the paper.

Edited by SBVFD524

I guess RWC has an alias of the hispanic persuasion?! :D

add an "o" to his first name and an "s" to his last name and you would never know!

I guess RWC has an alias of the hispanic persuasion?! :D

[HAHAHA, I think i threw up in my mouth a little.

Edited by DADAY

In addition, police said they will be notifying federal immigration officials because it appears that the majority of those arrested are undocumented immigrants from Central or South America.

Lock them up and send them back home. Kinda funny how you get in more trouble for solicting a BJ, then for illegaly infiltrating our national borders....hmmm!!!!!

Remember585,

I told you the one on the left was a Cop! LOL

:D

On a side note, there are some pretty troopers over there in the Peekskill/Cortlandt area. LOL

OH YEAH!!!