Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Future Fireman

Aerosol Cans: How much of a hazard are they?

3 posts in this topic

Alright, since we all know Aerosol cans are flammable, I have a couple of questions.

#1. Will they explode if room where they are is on fire?

#2. Is it safe to use TAG or AXE spray if they're flammable?

#3. What do you do When you realize a room is full of them? Pull back to defensive attack? Soak 'em?

I'm really hoping to learn from this topic

Mike

I posted under another thread previously, but we had a call some years back, involving cans of spray paint stored in a basement atop the oil burner. It was during late winter or very early spring. The homeowner, of offspring thereof, had his car in the garage, doing some work on it and had put 6 or8 cans of gloss black soray paint on top of the furnace to warm up. After half or three quarters of an hour, they exploded with enough force from the basement to actually blow the front door, frame sidelite windows and all abuot 35 feet from the house. So I would definitely say that you want to be real careful with that stuff. It was nothing short of a miracle that noone was injured, especially considering the fact that somrone was in a shower in the basement in quite close proximity to the furnace.

Of course it's safe to use TAG or AXE, along with any other make you less smelly type of product. Just don't try using it with a blow torch in your hand. Most, if not all body sprays or spray cologne type products have flammable ingredients in them.

Your biggest concern should be if you end up like one of the subjects in the false advertisements they regularly churn out. Girls chasing you down the street, etc. Or, if you don't use them and people are standing around your stanky self with respirators

PS: I'm a regular user of AXE Voodoo, great stuff.

Edited by JBE