Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

HT 1250 LS

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I just got an HT 1250 LS UHF radio. I would ideally like to use it for work. I had a friend on here help me program it and he was only able to use the 16 channels only, yet I have another friend who has the exact same radio UHF as well but has alot more stuff in it, as well as alot more channel banks. I guess what I'm asking is how is this possable, and can anyone help me with getting more channels on this radio for me. If anyone can answer me this questions please do so. Also if anyone can help me with the programing issue please PM me. Any help will be appreciated.

The suffix LS means it is a Trunked radio and only capable of 16 CONVENTIONAL frequencies or channels. The non trunking HT1250 is capable of 128 frequencies or channels. Hope that helps.

Vinny,

HT 1250 LS

It means you got screwed!!!

Vinny, as I told you there are several different HT1250 radios. They have different features and do different things but look exactly alike. The LS models are LTR Trunking Radios but can have 16 conventional channels. They make an LS+ which can hold 32 conventional channels. They also make a pure HT1250 UHF which can do 128 channels, just like your VHF. A good resource for radio information is the batboard on the batlabs site. http://batboard.batlabs.com.

Vinny,

HT 1250 LS

It means you got screwed!!!

The suffix LS means it is a Trunked radio and only capable of 16 CONVENTIONAL frequencies or channels. The non trunking HT1250 is capable of 128 frequencies or channels. Hope that helps.

Vinny, as I told you there are several different HT1250 radios. They have different features and do different things but look exactly alike. The LS models are LTR Trunking Radios but can have 16 conventional channels. They make an LS+ which can hold 32 conventional channels. They also make a pure HT1250 UHF which can do 128 channels, just like your VHF. A good resource for radio information is the batboard on the batlabs site. http://batboard.batlabs.com.

ANY ONE WANTS AN HT1250 LS!!! :angry:

I bought one on ebay not realizing the difference, like you did. But even though Dutchess is all UHF, realistically, there really aren't more than 16 channels that I'd ever need to transmit on or even monitor (for actual need, not buff reasons) , so I programmed in what I needed. I got it for over $100 less than the ht1250 going rate, so it was a steal. Also, it was a steal for the person who stole it from my car, so the question is...How much?

EMS-BUFF How much?

I paid 260 for it. I'll sell it for 160

you can make the radio the equivalent of a 32 channel radio by using a direct/indirect switch which would make one channel a repeater/talkaround depending on if you have it set to direct or indirect.