Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LCFD968

What is it?

10 posts in this topic

Really? I wouldn't think they would let a news van that close to the scene for a fatality?

Edited by LCFD968

yea.. I'd say a news van... interesting placement of apparatus i think. I wonder why they wanted to put the engine into the center lane and just have the state PD block from the "upstream" side. anyway... just a little off topic observation.

interesting placement of apparatus i think. I wonder why they wanted to put the engine into the center lane and just have the state PD block from the "upstream" side

I'm not totally catching what your thought is on the placement brother. Can you give a little more about what your thoughts are bro. Just interested in your view.

As far as the dish...good pick up 585. I'm thinking maybe the van was there first or was on the highway. Better to be there on a fatal IMO then in the way of a pin job.

I'd say probabaly news 12.

What is that truck with the dish on it?

small-mv082407fatal02.jpg

This was most definitely News12's field crew van. You can see the shots all weekend on News12. The car, a teal BMW with after market rims, was always cruising around the Y-O and White Plains. Guess they thought they were invincible.

I'm not totally catching what your thought is on the placement brother. Can you give a little more about what your thoughts are bro. Just interested in your view.

As far as the dish...good pick up 585. I'm thinking maybe the van was there first or was on the highway. Better to be there on a fatal IMO then in the way of a pin job.

I'm thinking that the engine (circled) could be better utilized if it was where the box is. I'm thinking it would provide more protection to everyone on scene, and also cover the scene a little more. I hope that makes more sense now

post-4060-1188161632.gif

When I saw it in the newspaper, my first thought was why would they need the new FieldCom 1 at the scene? Reason being that the new FC has a satellite dish.

Thanks bibs...now I get it.

I can agree. Either your thought or having the engine in the left lane back back farther as well. Or I don't even mind having them both nearly side by side like that, just farther back with the PD starting the block to get traffic over.