Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DADAY

Village Of Brewster PD

13 posts in this topic

Village of Brewster's "new" car, the old Brewster Fire 11-1-1.

post-553-1188173438.jpg

post-553-1188173446.jpg

post-553-1188173452.jpg

post-553-1188173461.jpg

Not a bad looking vehicle!

Now there's something you don't see everyday... Fire Chief's Car becomes a Police Car! Usually it's the other way around.

I didn't even realize Village of Brewster had a P.D..... Is it new or something?

-Joe DA BUFF, who remembers reading about how Mineola almost established a P.D. in '05!

I see the plate has 7K2##. That is the designation for NYSP affiliated local PDs. Anyone know of any relation?

Info taken from n2fg.com

I see the plate has 7K2##. That is the designation for NYSP affiliated local PDs. Anyone know of any relation?

Info taken from n2fg.com

When a department is assigned that number it "usually" has no direct affiliation with NYSP other than being dispatched by them.

NYSP does not staff the vehicles, the jurisdiction that the number is assigned to is responsible for that.

Any number of personnel in this department, what they are responsible for covering or who heads it up ?

Isn't SP Brewster in that area ??? VERY surprised that a "new" local agency was established in this day and age when NYSP & PCSO have a large presence there.

Edited by CPFD91206

When a department is assigned that number it "usually" has no direct affiliation with NYSP other than being dispatched by them.

NYSP does not staff the vehicles, the jurisdiction that the number is assigned to is responsible for that.

Interesting. I figured there had to be some sort of arrangement like that. I couldn't picture a State Trooper in a local PD uniform/car.

Pretty much Brewster P.D. was established because the sheriff refused to provide a deputy to the village free of charge like they are provided to every town. They are dispatched primarily by SP Poughkeepsie but also by Putnam 911 and are a part-time force only operating somewhere between 0800 and 2400hrs. Their chief is Alex Mancone and they have 2 vehcles: 7k242- which is the above chevy and 7k241- which is a crown victoria.

Edited by PC_420

Any number of personnel in this department, what they are responsible for covering or who heads it up ?

Isn't SP Brewster in that area ??? VERY surprised that a "new" local agency was established in this day and age when NYSP & PCSO have a large presence there.

The Village re-established their PD after learning that their "constable" plan wasn't going to work. As I understand it, the PD is staffed mainly by retired POs and they just had a recruit complete the Police Academy.

Anyone know if there is a Chief or if the Village Board is running them?

In the village of Brewster at any given time you can find the newly formed Brewster PD, Putnam Co. Sheriff, New York State Police, MTA Police, DEP Police and ENCON Police.

ALEX MANCONE is CHIEF...................????????????????????????????????????

Edited by CPFD91206

In the village of Brewster at any given time you can find the newly formed Brewster PD, Putnam Co. Sheriff, New York State Police, MTA Police, DEP Police and ENCON Police.

So that is why Dunkin Donuts is before the planning board to increase the size of thier parking lot. :lol:

Edited by EJS1810