Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Police: Mount Kisco man bites trooper who stopped him for doing 100 mph

8 posts in this topic

Police: Mount Kisco man bites trooper who stopped him for doing 100 mph

By TERENCE CORCORAN

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: September 25, 2007)

NORTH SALEM - A Mount Kisco man bit a state trooper on the hand when the trooper stopped him for doing 100 miles per hour on Interstate 684, state police said.

Jose Manuel Arias, whom police described as a 25-year-old illegal immigrant, is being held at the Westchester County Jail in lieu of $20,000 bail pending his appearance Friday in North Salem Court.

Troopers Robert Lombardi and Christopher Esposito of the Brewster barracks were patrolling I-684 around 2:10 a.m. yesterday when they stopped a vehicle for doing 100 mph in the 65-mph zone, police said.

They determined that the driver, Arias, was under the influence of alcohol and drugs, police said.

As the troopers were placing him under arrest, he struck both of them, refused all orders to comply, then bit Lombardi on the left hand and forearm, causing bleeding and swelling. police said.

Several troopers from the Somers and Brewster barracks responded to help subdue Arias.

Lombardi was treated at Putnam Hospital Center and released.

Arias faces a felony charge of second-degree assault on a police officer, misdemeanor charges of driving while intoxicated and driving while ability impaired by drugs, as well as numerous violations of the vehicle and traffic law, police said.

There are illegal immigrants In Mt. Kisco??? He'll probably try to sue the trooper for having a strong arm bone and hurting his teeth during the biting.

And the Governor wants to allow them to get drivers licenses!

I know not all are bad but a lot are because they simply don't care! They should let them show up for a license and then ship them back to their homeland for being an illegal

Only wish the brothers had Tasers to assist in subduing this P.O.S. Maybe the bite might not have occurred.

Good job guys...sad that this hinderance won't be deported as well.

That guy doesn't deserve a taser. He got what he needed. A half dozen pissed off troopers and a knee across his neck. If a few batons were thrown in for good measure I wouldn't be bothered. You bite an an officer, you deserve to be sucking food through a straw for a few weeks.

That guy doesn't deserve a taser. He got what he needed. A half dozen pissed off troopers and a knee across his neck. If a few batons were thrown in for good measure I wouldn't be bothered. You bite an an officer, you deserve to be sucking food through a straw for a few weeks.

Nah more like sucking food through a straw for the next few years.

I see a few advantages of them getting driver's licenses.

1. We can track them better.

2. They can actually be a little more accountable for thier actions.

3. They screw up, you confirm thier ID, you ship 'em back.

As for this incident, I hope the Trooper is fine and doesn't catch anything from this waste of life and that they were "gentle" restraining him.

....Pavement vs. Scumbag - you choose the victor!

That guy doesn't deserve a taser. He got what he needed. A half dozen pissed off troopers and a knee across his neck. If a few batons were thrown in for good measure I wouldn't be bothered. You bite an an officer, you deserve to be sucking food through a straw for a few weeks

LOL. Oh yeah...you ever been hit with a TASER? Half dozen troopers and a knee....that TASER feels like 50 troopers kicking your gluteus maximus all at once for 5 seconds straight and you still get a knee in your 4th cervical vertebrae and guess what...no questions...no lawsuits. And if the idiot is dumb enough to try to get up..he gets blasted again.

Excellent points 585. You always have to look at the bigger picture.