Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ldrco195

Phillips Monitors Vs. Zolls

6 posts in this topic

We are getting 9 new phillips monitors from our local med center. We have the ZOLL units now and they are terrible. Our medics hate them. They are a maintenance nightmare.

We are getting 9 new phillips monitors from our local med center. We have the ZOLL units now and they are terrible. Our medics hate them. They are a maintenance nightmare.

Probably not the best comments to follow your ad... :P

speaking of monitors...I've only used lifepak. How do the Phillips compare?

we went from lp10's to the zoll's. It was a change to say the least. My understanding is the Phillips are a more user friendly model. The biggest reason that we are getting these monitors, New Cardiac Care ward at the local med center. There will be telemetry set up between ems and the cardiac care ward with the phillips. They will be using phillips equipment in the cardiac care center.

They appear to be nice the the medics look forward to them.

THis gift is a blessing in disguise. This gift has saved our municipality approx 300,000 in capital improvement.

We are already replacing 4-6 Pumpers & 1 Ladder under capital improvement over the next 5 years.

Congrats on a such a nice "gift". A neighboring department has the Phillips monitors, and seem to like them. Currently we use Zoll M-series monitors, and we have an overall positive experience. Perhaps, the only downside is the capnography, it is somewhat cumbersome to use. I was wondering what you mean by a "maintenance nightmare." I am the one who oversees a lot of this stuff and have had no problems. We have had occasional issues, but nothing that wasn't addressed immediately by Zoll. In the next year or so, we will be looking at replacing these monitors, I would like to hear what the experience is with the Philips.

Thats a pretty nice gift, it was pondered in our local area, but they said that if one hospital gave a dept a monitor it would be considered them trying to get that particular dept steer thier Pts towards that one particular hospital and we have 5 within resonable transport distance. One a side note our area is LP12 heavy and they few depts that have Zolls hate them too, but don't have any experience with the Phillips.

Edited by Engfire