Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest nkfd52

OSHA Refresher Training

9 posts in this topic

I am looking for any departments in a 25 mile or so radius of Wappingers in Dutchess County that may be holding an 8 hour OSHA class refresher between now and the end of the year. I have some members that are missing this requirment and we are done with our training. Any help would be appreciated. Also a way to contact the individual in charge so they can check to see if they can attend. Thanks. New Hackensack 52-2.

Pleasant Valley Fire Dept

November 11th 08:30 hours

PV Sta 1

Hey can you tell me what th OSHA class is about? Thanks

Hey can you tell me what th OSHA class is about? Thanks

It is the annual 8 hour safety refresher that consists of FF, Response, station apparatus safety issues. Hazmat refresher, Bloodbourne pathogen refresher.

for more info on OSHA visit the website Here

Just an FYI...the hazmat requirement is an 8 hour annual refresher requirement in itself. At one time I believe bloodborne paths was also or at least 4 hours of stand alone. The hazmat refresher requirement is at the operations level.

does any one know of any OSHA classes being held in westchester between now and the end of the year, or within a 30 mile radius of northern westchester?

does any one know of any OSHA classes being held in westchester between now and the end of the year, or within a 30 mile radius of northern westchester?

Ditto

Unless something changed the Eight Hours needed were:

Station Safety

Response Safety

Scene Safety

PPE

SCBA

Tool & Equipment Training

General Hazard Recognition

New Developments

And new members had to get 15 hours worth of training on all of the above except new developments.

For the ones boldfaced above, I give them in a powerpoint / lecture which is going to be available to our members online soon. The other topics get covered with hands on training usually in multiple drills during the year. We've pretty much made it impossible for our people not to get their OSHA 8 unless they never come around. Let's face it, some of the material is dry and boring so we have to make it as painless as possible.