Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DR104

Early Fire Season

5 posts in this topic

Is it me, or dose it seems to be a lot of fires out there(WC) so far? And the cold weather isn't here yet. :mellow:

I have a feeling that with the price of oil on the constant rise, we are going to see alot more fires this year. People that fall asleep with their fireplaces or woodburning stoves, creosote catching in improperly cleaned chimneys, etc.

I have a feeling that with the price of oil on the constant rise, we are going to see alot more fires this year. People that fall asleep with their fireplaces or woodburning stoves, creosote catching in improperly cleaned chimneys, etc

I agree it will definatly be an intresting winter season. You also have the emergencies that come with the winter too. car accidents, heaters catching furnishings on fire, and all that fun stuff. Just wondering I know the fire service gets more fires over the winter season but does the winter season become busy for the EMS? What is the EMS's busy time of the year?

Hey guys. Yah, as mentioned, with the cost of fuel oil going up, people will use a lot more alternative heating sources such as electric baseboard heaters, kerosene, woodstoves full blast...and they wont be paying attention to them as they should be, and wont be responsible for their actions, and there will be a rise in fires unfortunately. HOPEFULLY there wont be injuries or deaths as a result. Keep your gaurd up and stay safe out there.

Moose

Last night (11/12-11/13 overnight) was a good night for us at 60 Control to refresh ourselves on things!

Started with the job in Fairview, then the fire in Rye and lastly the fire in Eastchester.

Started to feel bad for the guys from C&O Zone 2, they kept busy last night!

Good job to all the Departments that had jobs last night, three well-run scenes from what we could tell in the room.