Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ldrco195

2 Dangerous To FF Structure Photos: How Would You Handle?

12 posts in this topic

OK guys & gals..

x635 took some great pictures during his photo hunt.

Picture #1 - Barn Style Wodden Structure - This poses risks in many ways. There is something in this picture is very important to the first arriving. Who know's what it is? Those that know the answer, don't let's see who see the item.

After the answers arrive.. What are some other risks with this structure.

wow1.jpg

Picture #2 - This one is even more interesting. There are hazards out the ying yang here. Who can name them?

wow2.jpg

Seth -

As always.. thank you for sharing your images and finds with us.

wow1_2.bmp

wow2_2.bmp

Seth -

Photo 2 -

Does that building have the gangster lean, or was it just angle?

Does that building have the gangster lean, or was it just angle?

I'm pretty sure photo 2 is definitely leaning a lot! so that'd be an issue, for picture one, the first thing i notice is that everything is boarded up, so that'd block your escape routes if you did go in. I feel like it would go up pretty quickly and most likely be an exterior operation, assuming there are no occupants (which there shouldn't be but you never know)

I'm pretty sure photo 2 is definitely leaning a lot! so that'd be an issue, for picture one, the first thing i notice is that everything is boarded up, so that'd block your escape routes if you did go in. I feel like it would go up pretty quickly and most likely be an exterior operation, assuming there are no occupants (which there shouldn't be but you never know)

good job bibbles but you missed what i am looking for..

Somehow I knew someone was going to post examples of fires in these buildings when I saw the pictures....lol

Nutty..

do you have the answers..etc

these are great examples of the construction styles we all have in the northeast.

we all can learn from these..

good job bibbles but you missed what i am looking for..

The red X... i saw it the first time.. I'm not sure exactly what it means... I'm assuming it means that the building is condemned?

Photo 2 Risks..

1 - The Lean on the BRAVO exposure (we are looking at it from CHARLIE side).

2 - The nice high quality wooden porches to burn up when fire vents out side CHARLIE

3 - Seth.. Do you have Side ALPHA Photos.

4. Now that I look at it closer.. There is a great possibility that this building is a U shape. Seth, can you shed some light on this interesting building.

5. That tree.. that is a first for me. That could have roots growing into the walls and mortar work etc and be a significant risk to structual stability. hmmm

Edited by ldrco195

1 is a taxpayer isnt it? probably not called that in MA. Most likely limited access through the front to the other parts of the building. I wouldn't trust putting anyone on that roof either. Cant tell if that is a fireplace or a stove vent? and as for #2 you guys said most of it. Are those metal fire escapes through the porches or is that wood as well. Looks like they are held up by a couple wood beams aw well

Edited by Scottyk107

The red X... i saw it the first time.. I'm not sure exactly what it means... I'm assuming it means that the building is condemned?

Good Job Bibbles..

For your information here is the explaination...

In the United States, markings on searched structures are used on the fronts of structures and are standardized as follows:

A single diagonal slash indicates that a search in the building is in progress. This is used to indicate searcher locations and to avoid duplication of the search effort.

An X inside a square means "Dangerous - Do Not Enter!"

An X with writing around it means "Search Completed", with the time (and the date if appropriate) written above the X, the team conducting the search written to the left side of the X, the results of the search (number of victims removed, number of dead, type of search such as primary or secondary) written below the X, and any additional information noted about the structure to the right of the X.

Photo 1 -

There is still an electric drop into the bldg.. BRAVO Side..

Photo 1,

Building is condemned, definite collapse issue. It is likely that all utilities have been shut off already. Surround and drown and protect exposures. Nothing here worth saving to warrant risking a life. However sadly squatters tend to live in these types of places, but I would think that any small fire in this building won’t take long to become fully involved, thus making any kind of search impossible.