Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Brewster Fire Dept Christmas trees for sale

6 posts in this topic

Christmas trees and wreaths for sale at the Brewster Firehouse on North Main street. Sales start this weekend stop by and get yours soon. Prices vary.

Please change the title of your thread from "x-mas" to Christmas. To this day, I believe that "X" is very disrespectful and should be banned!

MFY, the X in X-mas goes back to greek origins of Christian background if I remember right.

Mike

I have read about this, and it remains speculation...I have a good feeling that it became common place due to retail outlets using it. As in most cases it is believed is was xp, not just x as an abbreviation, and when was the last time you heard someone say merry x-mas (eksmas)? I usually don't get offended at things, but this is just one of my pet peeves, like idiots that can't use their turn signals to turn or change lanes!

Oswegowind...I am glad you said that cause I just was gonna type the same thing. How about a moderator changing the title?? Keep the Christ in Christmas!!!

Though I was not the one who changed the title, I have something to say about this. As a moderator and looking at what was typed here, it was an announcement of selling traditional Christmas trees as a fund raiser. So the original poster typed "X-mas" instead of Christmas. Why should you comment on what someone was typing to announce a fundraiser.

IT IS THESE PETTY BULL REASONS AND FLAMING THAT RUIN A GOOD THING!!!!! STOP THE PETTY BULL............

Oh yah, before any of you question me, I am a Catholic, I prefer using not using X-MAS but it doesn't give me the right to flame someone. Use your heads!

:angry: