Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DOC22

Apparatus compartment doors

4 posts in this topic

We now have 2 pumpers and a rescue with roll-up doors on compartments. I see a lot of departments with them leave them bare aluminum, and I think they look fine that way. I know some would disagree on that, but as the apparatus ages, and due to continued use, they seem to get dull and lose their shine, not to mention the fact that roll-ups, in general can ce a nightmare to keep clean and ploished. anyone else have any opinion here?

At work, my engine has painted roll ups. The eight year old truck looks great with them painted. I think its a matter of choice.

We should go to roll ups after was was happened. But from the ones i see the painted ones look much better then the aluminum ones. Becasue you can always make it look better by painting them again the alum. ones just get dull and ugly.

E-one will only paint a set of roll-ups once,or replace them with the stainless roll-ups. This happened to Pleasant Valley on their Rescue 56-55. The paint started to bubble really bad near the edges of the doors nearest the tracks. So they went with the metal finish.