Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
potowneagle

Does anyone know what a 10-35 1 is in Dutchess?

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what a 10-35 1 is in the Dutchess dispatch system?

I heard it used referring to Fairview District.

They were getting an engine from Roosevelt to cover their station.

I know a lot of codes but this is a new one to me.

It's a request for a paid firefighter to come in to man eqiupment

I can't say for sure, I believe that the 10-35 code was originated in Fairview years ago, maybe even before most of the folks on here were even alive.

The 10-35 code has changed in Fairview over the years in meaning too.

Originally it was as follows;

10-35-1 meant 1 off duty career firefighter return to duty to man the station.

10-35-2 meant 2 off duty career firefighters return to duty ro man the station.

The shortly after the beginning of career officers in Fairview the following went into effect;

10-35-1 meant for 1 firefighter and 1 officer to return to duty to man the station.

10-35-2 meant for 2 firefighters and 1 officer return to duty to man the station.

Now the 10-35 code is just that only 10-35 (no 1 or 2) and means that the entire oncoming group is called back to duty to man the station or be used wherever needed.

A second alarm in Fairview is full recall off any available off duty personnel to return to duty and report in to the officer in charge.

Other departments with career personnel have adopted the 10-35 codes as a means to recall their off duty personnel, btu I haven't a clue as to how those depts. work it.

Chief you are correct I just want to add that the 10-35 is more or less a manpower tone calling the next coming shift and also any volunteers available to come to the station and or to the scene if in fact the call is in the district.