Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dondestro

FF1

6 posts in this topic

I recently moved from new york to ct. CT will not except my "Essentials" certificate they say it does not meet the standered for ct because it does not equal the hours for fire 1 here. So i believe i need to take fire one even though i am interior in ny i am not in ct. Anyone know any firefighting 1 classes coming up in ct(fairfield county)??

If you live anywhere near the Brookfield area I will be taking a FF1 class in February held at Brookfield Fire Headquarters.

AJ

The next class will be starting February 5th at the Brookfield Fire Headquarters. Just a cross the lake.

Your dept should be getting a notice right after the 1st of the year.

This is a well run class with a good mix of instructors .

If you do not see or hear anything pm me around the middle of January and I'll register you. As you might have guessed, I'm one of the instuctors.

This class is usually followed up with a firefighter 2 class the following September.

Look forward to seeing you in class.

CT will not except my "Essentials" certificate they say it does not meet the standered for ct because it does not equal the hours for fire 1 here.

Most states will not accept "Essentials" not only because of the hours but because for years NY didn't require any testing requirements. Then again, the "Essentials" wouldn't even come close to most states FF 1 and even the one we have now is short compared to several states.

Good luck with the new course!

I recently moved from new york to ct. CT will not except my "Essentials" certificate they say it does not meet the standered for ct because it does not equal the hours for fire 1 here.

That sounds about right...when i took my FF1, my instructors frequently stated that if we were to move out of the state, we would either have to take that states FF1, or if we got the National FF1 certification that transfers to any state i believe. looks like you got help with the CT FF1, so good luck with that and hope all goes well.

This is a perfect example of why ALL students who take the FF I Class should take the National Certification exam. Every chief in Westchester should encourage their personnel to take the exam. Although it’s relatively new to NY, FF I has been taught for over 20 years in the rest of the country.

Why does the volunteer fire service in NY constantly sell itself short when it comes to training?

Stay safe.