Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LTNRFD

You still need 2 people for a 1 man stretcher

7 posts in this topic

Good thing it was the ME's office. At least the person didn't complain.

Thats scary stuff when the patient is still alive. Had a kid assaulted. Fully immobilized and we were taking him to the bus when this jackass Lt pulled the side of the stretcher and pulled it right into a pot hole. Luckily we caught him at about a 45 degree angle. The massive crowd surrounding us (Fordham Rd in the Bronx at 4pm in the summer) did a movie like collective gasp. If he'd hit the ground it would have been lights out for us.

It IS scary. If I ever saw someone do that to MY family I would return the favor...over and over and over.

That one with the ambulance dumping the patient is TERRIBLE...how can that happen? How can you NOT secure the pt and close the doors?

Scary...

Why, for the love of god, are we not all watching the INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO that comes with the stretcher when we start our careers and periodically thereafter.

Not only do I constantly see people using the stretcher inefficiently [risking injury to the users] but people keep wheeling the think head first while in the upright position! It was NEVER designed to do that safely, that's why there's a pull handle at the FEET ONLY.

Edited by paramedico987