Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
50-65

Orange Community College to offer Paramedic Program: Any Updates?

11 posts in this topic

For those interested....

I just received the new OCCC Adult and Continuing Education Catalog. They are going to be offering a Paramedic Certificate program starting this summer.

It looks like it will be done by/with/through Ulster's program.

You need to register through SUNY Orange and have an interview/phone conversation with the head of the program for acceptance as well as be 18 years of age by August and posess a NYS EMT Certification.

This is the first class being held out of SUNY Orange. SUNY Rockland also holds the degree/certificate program, as well as Dutchess and Ulster.

I have placed my application in and am waiting acceptance into the program.

Will I be seeing anyone from on here at class??

For additional info check out: http://www.sunyorange.edu/cape/ or go to sunyorange.edu - academics- non credit courses.

You can also check out www.hvremsco.org

Will I be seeing anyone from on here at class??

I would like to, but I seriously doubt it. Dutchess is closer as most of their classes are at the Wappingers site, but both are a little to much for my wallet.

When I first got the OCC catalog, I called for more info but never got any. Do you know how much is OCC charging?

I would like to, but I seriously doubt it. Dutchess is closer as most of their classes are at the Wappingers site, but both are a little to much for my wallet.

When I first got the OCC catalog, I called for more info but never got any. Do you know how much is OCC charging?

Just got off the phone with them, as of now they don't have any specifics like what hospitals you can do labs at, or which (if not both) campus it will be held. She took down my name, address, phone #, & e-mail address and told me that they will be releasing more information shortly, but didn't have a time estimate.

The # to call for information is 845-341-4890.

Just got off the phone with them, as of now they don't have any specifics like what hospitals you can do labs at, or which (if not both) campus it will be held. She took down my name, address, phone #, & e-mail address and told me that they will be releasing more information shortly, but didn't have a time estimate.

The # to call for information is 845-341-4890.

Yeah thats the same response they gave me a few weeks ago when I called them. I'm going to keep calling them back every few weeks to check up on the status of the class, just in case they "misplaced" my contact info.

Has anyone heard back form OCCC yet? Just thought I would check, I havent yet, and I don't want to miss out :unsure:

Nope. It's been a month now since they took my info and said they would get back to me.

Has anyone got any updates??? Whats with OCCC...if you say you are going to offer a class shouldnt you have some information on it.....

Davey

I heard a rumor that the class was on hold until Ulster got thier class up to par.

I heard a rumor that the class was on hold until Ulster got thier class up to par.

Thats not cool...hope something good happens soon