Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ace84

EMT-Intermediate Class: Any Being Offered?

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there are any EMT-I courses being offered this spring/summer/fall this year in Orange, Dutchess, Rockland, or Westchester? If so could you please tell me where and who to contact?

I have been looking for a while for my dept. ,but this certification course seems hard to come by. Thanks for the help.

Edited by x635

Does anyone know if there are any EMT-I courses being offered this spring/summer/fall this year in Orange, Dutchess, Rockland, or Westchester? If so could you please tell me where and who to contact?

I have been looking for a while for my dept. ,but this certification course seems hard to come by. Thanks for the help.

Westchester Community college has Emt classes all year around. They co-inside with the college semesters. Winter, Spring Summer, and Fall. http://www.sunywcc.edu/home.htm

In addition to WCC...

Rockland Paramedics / Rockland Community College may run them. Phelps Hospital also ran them a while back but I don't know if they still are.

Your best bet may be to find an agency providing EMT-I and find out where they do their training.

I know Ulster CC had one last year. They don't hold one every year though. Phelps had one last year as well. The problem is that there isn't much of a demand for the EMT-I or EMT-CC.

My EMT-I certification expires 9/30/08, therefore I will be looking to get in to a class very soon. When I find a course, I will post.