Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HOOKS1247

Firehouse Recipes

6 posts in this topic

Post some of your firehouse recipes, for all of us to try.

Here's a quick & easy one:

Frech onion BBQ hamburgers

2lbs chop meat

1 pack french onion soup mix

Favorite bbq sauce

onion

cheese

kaiser roll

mix chop meat, french onion soup packet, bbq sauce/ make into patties, and grill, top with cheese and sauteed onion, serve on toasted kaiser roll w/ steak fries

Edited by HOOKS1247

From the Firehouse Recipe section of www.local830.org:

Heart Healthy Escarole & Bean Soup

Preparation time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:

• 1 bunch fresh escarole - chopped or torn
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 1 quart of College Inn Lower Sodium Chicken Broth
  • 2-3 links of lean turkey sausage
  • 1 can Progresso cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  • 4 TBSP olive oil
  • fresh ground pepper and parmesean cheese to taste
Directions:
  • In a large stock pot, sautee garlic in the olive oil until slightly browned. Add the escarole and sautee for about 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, beans, cooked sausage and some parmesean cheese and simmer until the beans are warmed through, about 5-10 minutes.
When serving, add fresh ground pepper to taste. Serving with ciabatta bread is delicious, but it adds some empty calories and carbs. Recipe as listed serves 2-3 firefighters. Adjust the recipe accordingly for larger groups.

Recipe by Joseph Coppola

Edited by jcoppola

Seth I think this is a good idea, with many LODD being heart related problems, why dont you open a section for good and welfare or health and welfare. where healthy recipes or any good recipes and work out ideas, etc can be posted. Just thought we all preach it not lets take a little action here and promote some of it.

Seth I think this is a good idea, with many LODD being heart related problems, why dont you open a section for good and welfare or health and welfare. where healthy recipes or any good recipes and work out ideas, etc can be posted. Just thought we all preach it not lets take a little action here and promote some of it.

second that. it's never too early to start being health conscious.

second that. it's never too early to start being health conscious.

Definately for it, I need to loose about 100 lbs. and start eating healthy.

Now if we can just hire someone like Richard Simmons.............JUST KIDDING!!!!! Relax!!!! Joking!!!!!!

This is a good start to promoting a healthier lifestyle for firefighters, and cutting back on the LODD from heart related problems. Too scary. My father had a Massive MI at 46, had to be shocked and revived. Just scares the crap outa me.

Lets promote this section.

Moose

Now if we could just get some of the brothers to start posting some of the recipes they use, everyone could benefit. let me also just say, i like the direction you took this. i didnt eat or cook the healthiest, but i like the premise.

stay safe brothers

-come on Lt. Dan let have it..., you to AM...

Edited by HOOKS1247