Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scottyk107

Ex-Scarsdale NY Ladder in Florida?

3 posts in this topic

I took a weekend trip home to the west coast just north of Tampa FL. I was driving through Brooksville, FL just southeast of Ocala and saw an old Scarsdale Tower ladder. Not sure of the year but it was a Stuphen partially enclosed cab. It was at a junk yard but the whole apparatus was still intact. Anyone know what unit it was and how it made its 1000 mile trip here? I don't have a camera so I didn't get any pics. This was about a month ago so im not sure if it is still there now. Looked like a good deal of weeds around it so im guessing its been resting there for some time.

EDIT: Im looking at pictures now and im not sure they ever had a Stuphen. May not have even been a tower ladder but the Ariel Section was dark grey over a red cab. This was over a month ago and I could be wrong about the manufacturer. We have all Stuphens here in Orlando so maybe thats what they all look like now :P

Edited by Scottyk107

The only TL that I know that Scarsdale has(had) is the current 1999 Sutphen. This unit replaced a 1970's ALF Snorkle. If I am not mistaken it was either all red, or white over red.

Yea I was looking into it and it looked a lot like their old ALF Rear Mount. Like I said it was awhile ago and the thread about Ocala had me thinking. The SFD logo is very unique and it even said Scarsdale NY down the side. Someone told me that the ALF is up for auction could it possibly be the one sitting in FL?