Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

"Major Expansion" And Donations-People Have Problems?

3 posts in this topic

Recently, I heard that some people who donated money were upset over the expansion of this site.

I would just like to inform these people that this expansion cost NOTHING financially, since we have our own server now (which was required anyways, and we needed to consolidate everything onto one server to save money).

The only thing this expansion costs is time.

The forum software I'm using for the new sites is free. The hosting space is already there and paid for-it costs me nothing extra to run more forums or sites.

The money I recieved for donations was to help me pay for a couple of months of the server costs. I was in a financial bind Otherwise, I would have had to shut down the site for a few months until I saved up enough money to consolidate all the sites and upgrade to a Dedicated Server. (Current costs of running this site are $300+ a month) We subsidize with ads, and the deficit I usually cover out of my own pocket. Since I'm only being paid my base salary while I am still out injured from work, my mortgage, food, etc has to come first. I also don't see, given the growth of this site, why I should potentially have to go into debt to provide it.

I expanded the sites becuase that was part of my master plan, and now that I have the time to implement it, I am using that time to do so. Again, the hosting costs remain exactly the same as before the expansion.

This is exactly why I didn't want to ask for donations. For those who donated, I thank you very much for your trust and allowing this site to remain online and get financially stable again.

To those WHO DONATED money and are concerned or complaining, please contact me via email, EMTBravo@EMTBravo.com . When I can afford it, I would be glad to refund your donation. But, please, I ask that you refrain from assuming and talking behind my back...if you want answers, I'm the one to ask.

To those who didn't donate, and are complaing about the donation situation, it really doesn't concern you at all, so please mind your own business, just keeping in mind those members and advertisers who make it possible for you to use this site for free.

Unbelievable some people are crying about donating to the site.

I donated money, and I'm glad to see the site expanding. It means that my dollar went exactly where promised-invested in the site. I love these sites, and I'm glad Seth is working to bring it to more people.

Also, he won't admit it, but Seth is selling off some of his valued personal items to bank cash for living expenses. I recently bough a scanner from him, and I know he didn't want to sell it. I'm sorry to bring this to public view Seth, I just wanted to say shame on those who basically freeload on this site, and then have the nerve to whine about it.

I agree ff402. Seth shouldnt have to carry this site out of pocket, and get all the negative remarks from the freeloaders who could care less. There are those of us who do care Seth, and we are always going to help when needed.

Just a thought Seth; over 7,000 registered members, have a registration fee every 3 years, say $2, thats more than enough to run the site, and even some to donate to burn units or charities in EMTBravos name, that way it kind of keeps in the values of EMTBravo, keeping brotherhood alive and helping others in need. Just a thought to help with the site, I would gladly pay it as I do other sites I belong to.