Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
E64PCFD2044

Gone Fishin'

13 posts in this topic

The Hudson River :---) ... What kind of fishing are you into?

Hudson River, huh? I certainly hope that it's upstream from the old GM plant...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't look around croton for clean water!!!

Its pretty good swimming over there at Croton Point park...Just make sure you decontaminate your self when your done. 8-[

You know that if you are planning on eating what you catch you'll probably have to go waaaaaaay upstate, otherwise you're limited as to what you should keep. If you are the catch and release type, hen any reservoir or connecting tributary will work. But for those, you will need to get the DEP Public access permit as well as the NYS Fishing License.

Is anyone into Ice Fishing? Ive done it a few times, I liked it alot.

Too cold and I saw several people fall in. :roll:

i haven't got a permit yet. i'll just wait til the spring for that. i am the catch n release type unless im out on a boat catching some blues or grouper. i went to the town park in pound ridge the other day and cought a bass tho. im kind of impaitent tho so that's why i was asking where the best spots are...i hate waitng for the fish to come to me lol sounds pretty rediculous right ](*,)

Since you seem to be near Pound Ridge, you could always try the reservation in Cross River. When it gets wider and deeper there are some good spots. Don't tell the LVAC folks this, but go park at the town house and walk across the LVAC driveway to the mouth of the river near where it meets the Reservoir at the Route 121 bridge. Always seems to be people over there fishing. Can also park at the three spaces at the entrance to the reservation and walk down the small slope to the edge of the water and fish from the little open patch of meadow they have there,. I see people fishing and just plain chilling out there all the time during good weather. It shouldn't require a DEP permit since it's not really the reservoir, but you do need the state fishing permit in case one of the rangers checks on you.

hey thanks alot WAS967. it doesnt matter how close it is...im up for a ride. its supposed to be nice out on wednesday maybe i'll try that spot. :joy:

Since you seem to be near Pound Ridge, you could always try the reservation in Cross River. When it gets wider and deeper there are some good spots. Don't tell the LVAC folks this, but go park at the town house and walk across the LVAC driveway to the mouth of the river near where it meets the Reservoir at the Route 121 bridge.  Always seems to be people over there fishing. Can also park at the three spaces at the entrance to the reservation and walk down the small slope to the edge of the water and fish from the little open patch of meadow they have there,. I see people fishing and just plain chilling out there all the time during good weather. It shouldn't require a DEP permit since it's not really the reservoir, but you do need the state fishing permit in case one of the rangers checks on you.

That's a gray area DEP might bust chops about it. The damn permit is free, just a little pain inthebutt to get because once you get the letter saying that you can pick it up you have to go to the DEP PD @ Rte 129, Y-Toown to get it.

The DEP WILL check u're permit there WAS967. it is part of the resivor i had them check mine last summer so i know from experence. They ride through there with some frequency so my advice is get the DEP permit. you better apply for it now though it takes a couple months