Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ldrco195

i had FIOS installed yesterday

11 posts in this topic

i had fios installed yesterday @ home. it is cool.

i had the tv, internet, & home phone service installed.

I went with the 15 up/ 15 down internet package. It is amazingly fast. It also came with a wireless router so when i get out of the ice age and purchase a laptopn i am good to go.

the only issue as of now. my email accounts have been suspended !!!????

i have no idea why.. hmm well off to sit on hold with tech support for several hours..

the tv service and on screen guide is awesome.

wish me luck

as of now i do reccomend it.

Edited by ldrco195

What email accounts are you talking about? The email you can get through FIOS? Did the tech that installed it at your residence walk you through the intial setup (where you step up your email and account admin as well as speed test)? I urge you to talk to tech support, i've called them a few times and they have been MORE than helpful - and because the call centers are unionized they are all ENGLISH SPEAKING AMERICANS.

I've had FIOS since may (tv, phone, internet) and have been MORE THAN HAPPY!!! My phone quality is crisp and clear, my tv is near HD quality and with the base package i have 300 + channels as well as on demand, and my internet is BLAZING fast. I average downloads at the 1 - 2 mb/second range, upload is somewhere around 400 - 550 kb/s. Honestly, its a great package and i'm glad i did it. I'm saving money, everything comes in one bill and i couldn't be happier with the speed/quality.

Not a complete Verizon fan (dropped their cell service like a bad habit 4 years ago and am very happy with Sprint) but they really took the cake with FIOS if you ask me.

I have had FIOS phone and internet for about a month now. The internet package I went with is 20/5. BLAZING fast compared to the DSL I had (lowest DSL speed). I Have had a few problems bridging my laptop to the wireless router. Gave tech support a call, and yes I too talked to an ENGLISH AS A FIRST LANGUAGE technician who was more than helpful.

The only down side that I can see is that if the power goes out you have between 1-8 hours of phone service on battery back up. After that you are dead in the water, unless you have a generator.

Edited by LTNRFD

I've had FiOS phone and internet since September, 2006. I've hac some problems, and called Tech Support, and as Moose said they have alwys been great! On one of my calls about phone help (Ihad a nuisance call) the agent offered some kind of promo for the internet. I had 10 by 5, and upgraded to 20 by 15 Great!!! I'm still waiting for Kent to approve their TV franbhise.

I have had FIOS phone and internet for about a month now. The internet package I went with is 20/5. BLAZING fast compared to the DSL I had (lowest DSL speed). I Have had a few problems bridging my laptop to the wireless router. Gave tech support a call, and yes I too talked to an ENGLISH AS A FIRST LANGUAGE technician who was more than helpful.

The only down side that I can see is that if the power goes out you have between 1-8 hours of phone service on battery back up. After that you are dead in the water, unless you have a generator.

HA! That's where the cell phone comes in to play.

Well -

tech support was great and walked me through the problem.. it was a "i should have checked that: kind of problem. oh well. lesson learned

I am anxious to download a few movies to see how that works.

HA! That's where the cell phone comes in to play.

HA HA.... I have a 15kv generator already set up......with an automatic start and transfer switch that allows me to still use my phone, T.V. and central AC.

does anyone have a condo / apartment w/ FIOS?

if you do how did that work out for you?

HA HA.... I have a 15kv generator already set up......with an automatic start and transfer switch that allows me to still use my phone, T.V. and central AC.

Wait, doesn't everybody?

today i decided to download music...

at one point i was downloading 15-20 songs at the same time and it still was amazingly fast..

this is some cool stuff.

Wait, doesn't everybody?

Not me, well not since we sold the house. Now i"m in an apartment with no generator :(:(