Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Scanner frequency crystals

9 posts in this topic

Does anybody know where to buy frequency crystals for old scanners? I tried radio shack, but they don't sell them anymore. Any info will help.......

Radio Shack doesn't even do crystals by mail order anymore? Thats very odd.

i got a 46.26 crystal i can get rid of....PM me

i have a few different one lemme check which ones they are..let me kno what u need

Try a Google search for G&G Communications-they have all kinds of crystals and elements for old equipment.

Radio Shack doesn't even do crystals by mail order anymore? Thats very odd.
Nah, its really not too odd if you think about it...it's Radio Shack! :roll: ....I think they stopped selling them years ago.

There is a place in Albany called Scanner World. They have a huge selection of scanners and scanner related stuff. I've ordered from them a bunch of times and have had nothing but good experiences. If they don't sell the crystals themselves they may be able to point you in the right direction.

http://www.scannerworld.com/

Nah, its really not too odd if you think about it...it's Radio Shack! Rolling Eyes ....I think they stopped selling them years ago.

They might as well stop calling it Radio Shack. What will they get rid of next? The force feed in the back where you can get alll the resistors and components and such?

Jim! What make is the scanner? I think Wolfemt's post has one of the better links looks good and pretty cheap. Give'em a shot!

This one was attached to that link--Robert Ott Electronics

14 Francis Street, Port Jervis, New York 12771

1-845 856-3632 Port Jervis? Not all that far. You up for a road trip?????