Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryefd192

Auburn (Alabama) FD's Ladder 1 Pics Finally!

5 posts in this topic

Photos

A 2007 Sutphen 95' Platform Delivered in September 2007

Here's Massachusetts cousin:

Auburn Fire/Rescue Aerial Tower 1, 1995 Sutphen 1500 GPM/270 Gallons/100 Ft. boom.

post-5960-1204508378.jpg

Mike

Just to add. As I mentioned in the fall, and as you can see in the photos; the ladder is in the last bay in station 1 of Auburn. It is the only bay in that house that can fit the truck. However, this makes turning right out of the station a bit tricky. Also, after turning either way out of the station, the streets are very narrow. There has been some questions voiced by people in the area as to the stationing of the truck. The only buildings in its given response area that need a tower are on campus, the rest is residential. This ladder replaced ladder 2, a 75' quint at station 1, ladder two was moved to the brand new station 5 which is in a heavily industrialized area with factories and corporate hq's and the like. So this has brought people to wonder why the tower was placed downtown instead of in the industrial area; since if there was to be a fire on campus it would be on scene anyway. But I assume they have their reasons and they are good ones.

Looking good man all around! I like that distinctive Auburn Paint Scheme.

-Joe DA BUFF