Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ISO specific NYS patch

6 posts in this topic

I'm building my generic EMT jacket (since I work a few different companies.) It'll back an EMT back patch and Star of Life on left breast.

For shoulder patches I'm searching for one of these:

nysemt.jpg

My friend that works at MedEX in the Bronx has them.. I haven't found them anywhere else though! Unfortunately my friend can't snag any.

http://www.fifthalarm.net/nys-stuff.html

hope they're of use to you I came across them on google looking for something else

Not the "official" patch....I know the NYS-DOH was looking to change from the "old school" yellow patch to the a patch similar to the one you are pursuing. I still have a few of the old ones, but I certainly don't use them, more of a nostalgia piece.

New York State does not have an "Official" EMT patch.

Insignia & Patches

The NYS Department of Health does not issue any type of patch, shield or other worn insignia. In accordance with PHL § 3004(4) a Regional Emergency Medical Services Council (REMSCO) may issue, "uniform emergency technician insignia and certificates".

A person who chooses to wear a patch, shield or other insignia may only indicate on such, the level of care that they are certified by the Department to practice at. To do otherwise would be indicating certification not held by the provider which might also constitute a criminal offense.

Issued and Authorized by:

Edward Wronski, Director

http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/ems/policy/03-08.htm

post-3-1205484321.jpg

The newer style patches are the ones with the State Seal similar to that of a State Trooper

patch which are commonly available in light blue and dark blue. (other colors too) also used

by Empress is the white and blue patch that says "New York State Department of Health"

which IMO looks the best!

I have not seen that exact patch, but I have seen a "tactical" patch that is similar to that. It has a black background and everything else is gray. KVI Uniforms in Middletown, NY (Orange County) has them.

Jordan,

Check out the website for the FSA bookstore in the NYS Acad. of Fire Science up in Montour Falls. They may have something like that or similiar or might be able to lead you in the right direction to find it.

http://www.fireacademyfsa.com/index.html

On our uniform shirts we wear the light blue/yellow "excelsior" patch in the same form of the one you show and on our job shirts we wear an all dark blue patch that is more rectangular (which is actually my favorite). I'm pretty sure they have EMT in the dark blue one as well.