Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
calhobs

Sights, sounds of rare nighttime space shuttle launch

6 posts in this topic

An Air Force Delta II Rocket will be launched tomorrow morning from the AFB next to Kennedy Space Center. Launch time at aprox 0209hrs. Very cool to watch. Even in Winter Park 50 miles away I can see it clearly once it clears the treeline.

I missed the Shuttle Launch earlier in the week.

Still great shots despite the cloud cover.

Thanks for sharing - compared to some of the heavy threads here, it's nice to see something we all can be proud of.

An Air Force Delta II Rocket will be launched tomorrow morning from the AFB next to Kennedy Space Center. Launch time at aprox 0209hrs. Very cool to watch. Even in Winter Park 50 miles away I can see it clearly once it clears the treeline.

I missed the Shuttle Launch earlier in the week.

I saw a night time shuttle launch from Clermont in December 2006. Sky lit up like the sun and then the shuttle lifted slowly and softly into the night time sky.

Absolutely breathtaking !

My Uncle use to live on Merritt Island which is off the Cape. He use to watch the shuttle take off from his back yard, when it did the roll it was almost dirctly over his house. Fantastic show he said, One ofthe few events that you can say proud to be an Amercain.