Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

What was the LAST Active Tiller Ladder Company in Yonkers?

9 posts in this topic

What Ladder Company used the very last Tiller Rig in Yonkers? Name the Company Number and as a bonus, what was the last year it was in service?

Wasn't it Ladder 70? not sure of the year late '70s- very early '80s?

I would have to guess Ladder 74?

1979 Tiller - Yellow :roll:

there is a picture of a red ALF tiller on the YFD website

Should be L-70, where it ran until replaced by a 1991 Seagrave RM. I believe 70 ran 75's former ALF rearmount for a time as well, before the 91, maybe as a spare until the new rig. I remember the old ALF straight stick, white cab with red body. That's about as far back as I go.

Correct. It was Ladder 70, which took the Old SuperTrain Ladder 73 (Repainted Red and White from Slime Green), before it was put out to pasture. Nice memory on the Old White Cab, Red Body ALF Straight Stick. It was originally Truck 1, Then Truck 4. The Front End of the Truck was in a "Fender Bender" crushing in the Front Piece. It became Ladder 76, before Ladder 76 was taken out of Service due to Budget Crisis. For those who remember back when, does anyone remember a "Similiar" ALF Straight Stick, to the White and Red Ladder, that was ALL RED!! WHAT TRUCK COMPANY (it was called Truck Companies back then) WAS IT ASSIGNED TO ????

I think your talking about old 2 truck which was moved to station 9and was then 9 truck

It was the Old Truck 2 (The Last Truck/Ladder Rig) to officially occupy the 2nd Bay at the Old Vineyard Ave Fire Station # 2, before it was closed. That Rig eventually went up to Station 9 and was made Truck 9. You know your YFD History very well

I should I drove that truck before it was replaced :D