Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JFLYNN

From: Proposed Amendment to State GML on fire district amendments

1 post in this topic

Do any of the contracted companies that use local taxes have career ff's? Most, if any do not have career ff's.

If the state disolves them all the equipment and stations which was bought with taxmoney or public donations will sit idol unless they donate them back to the public that paid for it in the 1st place. THis would also result in increased tax to duplicate equipment that already exists but is sitting idol.

So for the most part since fire protection districts do not have career ff's you stated this is now a career volly thread, when for this example its a private company with vol vs. the best interest of the taxpayers, regardless of weather they continue to use vol. ff's.

Actually what turns it into a career / volly thread is this:

"I did a word search at the above link for "Fire" and came across an interesting proposed bill. Bill numbers A6547/S9105 would amend the Insurance Law to provide five percent of the fire insurance premium taxes (two percent fund?) to be paid to the treasurer of the NYS Professional Firefighters Association. The amount paid to FASNY for the support of the Firemen's Home in Hudson, NY would decrease to five percent from the current ten percent."

The NYSPFFA has been fighting FASNY for years on this. The law requires "all members who provide fire protection recieve equal benefits" but FASNY has been getting millions ($7 million last year) towards the "home" and NYSPFFA has recieved $0.

What happened to "equal benefits"?

Hey Barry,

Happy Easter and keep up the good work getting the facts out there!

It's amazing how sure of themselves some of these "people" (not "brothers"...boy is that word overused on here) can't handle the truth....I'm so used to this hypocrisy and ignorance by now I just chuckle...

...qtip...