Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

Westchester County Trunked Hospital Channels

Which form of comuinication would you use   8 members have voted

1. 1. Which form of comuinication would you use to contact the hospital, and why did you choose that answer

• radio commuinications (HEAR, MED channel, Trunked)
    • land line
    • Cell phone
    • Just walk in and give report to the RN

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 posts in this topic

With the new system in place and working. I would like to know how many agencies out there will use the County system for communications with hospitals. I.E. Notifications...

Also while on the subject, why was the H.E.A.R system done with. I think it was a great system, it's a shame that only White Plains, and WCMC used it. It was a great system and I think the New County Trunk system would be just as good as the hear system.

With the new system in place and working. I would like to know how many agencies out there will use the County system for communications with hospitals. I.E. Notifications...

Also while on the subject, why was the H.E.A.R system done with. I think it was a great system, it's a shame that only White Plains, and WCMC used it. It was a great system and I think the New County Trunk system would be just as good as the hear system.

Back in the day, all Westchester Hospitals and even 60-Control used the HEAR channels. I never thought it was a great system, the frequencies were the same as the bus companies, ie. all you heard was "Al, don't forget to pick up little Billy on your route". When cell phones become popular and economical, the HEAR system quickly became obsolete.

I wouldn't mind using a radio again if it was clear and not a cluttered frequency.

County trunk for hospitals is great. Key the mic, wait for tone and identify yourself to the hospital. does not get much easier.

The HEAR system is still widely used in Orange, Ulster, and Dutchess Counties. We have the option to use both the radio or the phone, and personally, I can't remember the last time I used the phone for a call I tech'd. Its a very simple and effecient means to notify the hopsital. The only thing I feel is a waste is in Dutchess and Ulster Counties you have to go through the 911 center to get your line, where as in Orange you just switch to the channel and activate the 3-digit code.