Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oilflame

Minitor 4 Charger ?

16 posts in this topic

Does any one know where i can get a motorola minitor 4 charger for the minitor 4 pager?

Thanks

Edited by oilflame

Becasue in Dobbs Ferry we respond to calls and we need pagers to know where the calls are. Thats like asking why the hell does a fire fighter need a pager.

If you're just an explorer/junior, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NEED A PAGER FOR?!

Mike

Calm down, Chief, juniors can go on calls

ok so now that we go that covered does any one know were i can get a minitor 4 charger

Doesn't your department provide a charger with the pager? If not try ebay or whatever company you uses for radio purchases/repair, they should have them.

yea well the thing is our dept does not give us pagers so if we want em we have to get them our selfs

Bro, save your money. You guys are a potentially valuable resource in rehab and scene support. If they don't realize that then save your money for something more usefull. When you're a full member or they realize your potential value you'll get one for free.

Wow just answer the question...If hes looking for a charger alone then he most likely has the pager already or has one on the way. Might as well buy a charger so he can use it for somthing.

Oilflame, You can find them cheap on ebay or try technical electronics in new rochelle, they should have somthing for you.

Edited by NoFearFD

second technical electronics. they have them there but call first cause they dont always have items in stock. They can order them and you will get them rather quick.

do you have any idea of how much they might cost

do you have any idea of how much they might cost

Most likely depends new or used, shipping costs if they order one for you, and you may have to leave a deposit if they have to order it and the price is high enough. (The deposit isnt really gunna make a difference in price youll just use it afterwards to pay for some of it when you go get it) Ask them about the price range when you give em a call.

Edited by NoFearFD

I would look on ebay. Shoudl be around 40 to 50 bucks for a decent used one, it looks like. Keep in mind that there are two types of chargers. The regular charger and the amplified charger. Also, keep in mind that a minitor IV will charge in a charger for a III or a IV.

I think your best bet is a used one on ebay, and if you have any problems getting up at night then I would get the amplified version. I had to order a few of those for our guys that can not seem to get up at night.

Give Gerry Oliver of G&G Communications a call (585) 768-8151. He's right in upstate NY and is a hell of a nice guy. Last I checked I believe he has used good condition Minitor 3/4 standard desktop chargers for $22.50 each, plus a few bucks shipping. You're not going to beat that on eBay, that's for sure, most of them go for $30+. And yes, the 3/4 chargers are exactly the same and are fully interchangeable.