Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firemoose827

New Forcible Entry Tool.

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard of the new forcible entry tool by Stanley Tools? Its called the "FUBAR" ( not making this up, its in this months issue of fire engineering!) Here is a link to the web site...

"FUBAR" Forcible Entry Tool by Stanley Tools

I think that people are spending too much time in areas that don't really need improvement. Irons is all I will ever grab or need for most fire ground work. Why dont people spend time improving Air Packs, or Turnouts that will be lighter and more vented yet still provide the protection we need?

Also, Is this the first Firefighting tool Stanley ever made? I thought it was interesting to see them make a tool for us, they have great carpentry tools but i have never seen any firefighting tools. Thought this was interesting.

Whats everyones thoughts on this tool?

Stay Safe

Moose

Everything that can be invented has been invented.

Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. patent office, 1899 (attributed)

Not to be closed minded but doesn't it seem like most of the new fire service tools are uncreative rehashes of things we already use? And most don't catch on? Or am I as short sighted as Mr. Duell? I guess for every cheap plastic multi tool that flops there's a Denver tool or even going back a Halligan.

Stanley has made a plethora of tools supplied to the fire service over the years mainly axes, pry-bars, sledge hammers, ect. I know they have made some tools geared towards the fire service but in the end everyone developed found its way in the construction / demolition trades.

The best and most reliable tools and innovations have always come from the guys doing the job and always will.

People will buy it, just like that other combo tool mentioned in another thread not too long ago. I do not think that either tool is any good, but that's just my opinion - I am not a fan of the 10 in 1 multi purpose tools.

People will buy it, just like that other combo tool mentioned in another thread not too long ago. I do not think that either tool is any good, but that's just my opinion - I am not a fan of the 10 in 1 multi purpose tools.

I think they have a place in the fire service, but they should not replace any tool we already use. Combination tools are good in some situations but not in others, comes down to training and finding out it advantages / disadvantages. That's my opinion.

I just dont agree with some of the features on this thing...Nail puller??? What the hell would we need a nail puller for when you have a cut-off saw, or a good pair of irons. The hydrant and spanner wrenches...These are needed by the operator and the hydrant man, not the interior crew who is more than likely the ones to be grabbing this tool.

From what I gathered in the web site this was first created for demolition in construction and a lot of contractors swear by it. I just dont know how effective this will be in the hands of a firefighter. Maybe we, as a group of concerned EMTBravo members and firefighters, should send a request for a few of these things to be sent to us for a hands on demonstration?? ;)

Hey Seth, how about starting a products testing division? :D

Yeah, it is definitely more of a construction demolition tool. That's a huge tool though, 30" and 9lbs.

None of my fellow former or current Military men, or even someone who has seen the movie "Memphis Belle" has pointed out what "FUBAR" means?????

F*'ed Up Beyond All Recognition

Great name. Its kinda like the mistake of trying to sell a car called a "No Go" in South America. For you car fans the "No Go" is a translation of the popular American car, Chevy Nova.

Edited by nickcabral

I

From what I gathered in the web site this was first created for demolition in construction and a lot of contractors swear by it. I just dont know how effective this will be in the hands of a firefighter. Maybe we, as a group of concerned EMTBravo members and firefighters, should send a request for a few of these things to be sent to us for a hands on demonstration?? ;)

Hey Seth, how about starting a products testing division? :D

Anybody seriously want to try this idea out? I know I would! :lol:

Mike

There's nothing new about that...

Stanley just decided to try to market a demolition tool they've been selling [unsuccessfully] for the last couple of years to the fire service.

See that big rectancular cut out on the one end... that's to twist out 2x4's during demo rather than saw or sledge them out.

NO SALE!