Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RU 911

Putnam ALS 30 day Trial

33 posts in this topic

In theory the entire medic 4 response area will benefit from it, in reality the call volume in brewster will monopilize it. not sure who is paying for it I am starting to feel that the county is hoping its a freebe for a month, I sure its already been discussed and figured out. the county is doing this not the lcal town/ villages so if its there idea then they should fund it. if it were put down to the lcoal level I dont think it would happen.

I am curious as to how this will affect the morale and response of the EMS Providers where the Medics are stationed.

In this Pilot they are looking at Medic 4 which is stationed at Patterson FHQ which is also the same station as the Patterson Bus is stationed. If this is the case, then there is no chance that Patterson Crew will ever get there in front of the ESA BLS Rig as a First Responder or to Transport. Other departments may have a chance of arriving at their own calls first, but this wont be the case in the departments where the Medic & BLS Crews and the Volunteer crews are stationed together. That being the case why would they even need to "Get out of bed at 3:00 AM" or ever for that matter ?

I believe that if a Volunteer Rig gets to the scene regardless of if it is first or second in, then the transport should be turned over to the Volunteer Crew.

If the Brewster/Southeast area is so busy than why is medic 4 stationed in Patterson ?