Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x648eng119

Yorktown - Turkey Mountain 4/15/08

11 posts in this topic

Got some good shots of WCPD Air 2 Filling Up The Bambi Bucket Prior To Croton Getting Called In To The Scene. Of Course When We Did Get Called To The Scene, I Left The Camera In The Car, So No Scene Shots.

WCPD AIR 2

Also, If Anybody Saw The Copy Of The North County News That Week, Yours Truly Got His 15 Minutes of Fame On The Front Cover...

l_74ec34d8ff634adb86509b84c252dee3.jpg

Amazing, you actually make a call and it is in the paper. I guess rare events tend to be well documented, like a photo in the paper.....

:P

Great pictures! Thanks alot for sharing them!

Just a clarification... The Bell 407 is designated Air 2. The Hughes OH-6A (our original helicopter) is designated Air 3. We're probably called more different things by more different people than any unit I know of. :lol:

Great pictures! Thanks alot for sharing them!

Just a clarification... The Bell 407 is designated Air 2. The Hughes OH-6A (our original helicopter) is designated Air 3. We're probably called more different things by more different people than any unit I know of. :lol:

what is designated as air1?

The County Police Spec Ops Kite...

oooooo nice, can we get some pics on emtbravo!!

what is designated as air1?

When STAT-Flight was dispatched by 60-Control we elected to avoid confusion by not using Air 1 for radio communications. There were also old ideas about avoiding other radio designations in use by other agencies so we avoided them. Now that they're Life-Net 7-5 or whatever it really is a non-issue but we also use the designation with the FAA so we aren't going to change anytime soon.

As for the special operations kite, I can neither confirm nor deny its existence and photo opportunities are restricted to those with Top Secret clearances or higher! :lol:

Too bad you didn't get the picture of me flipping you off Art!!

Sorry Kenny, My Zoom Isn't THAT good, lol

I was wondering if anyone knows how much water those helicopters can carry to a fire.

I was wondering if anyone knows how much water those helicopters can carry to a fire.

The bambi-bucket for a Bell 407 is rated to 180 gallons.

There are smaller and larger buckets and other options for belly mounted tanks too.