Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyOV

EMT Sues 84-Year-Old Woman After Emergency Call Injury At Home

8 posts in this topic

LAKE COUNTY, Fla. -- A Lake County emergency medical technician-firefighter has sued an 84-year-old woman for getting injured while responding to her home during a call for help.

Jennifer Roland seeks unspecified damages of more than $15,000 in her lawsuit.

http://www.local6.com/news/16157202/detail.html

what a fool... if the scene wasn't "safe", she shouldn't have entered, right????

i hope this doesn't stop anybody from calling 911 in fear that they might get sued

what a fool... if the scene wasn't "safe", she shouldn't have entered, right????

i hope this doesn't stop anybody from calling 911 in fear that they might get sued

GM, I think you need to re-read the story. Despite precious little information, it does say that she was injured when the apparatus wheel broke through a septic tank lid so she didn't really "enter" the scene did she.

It does make you wonder what that driveway looked like! :lol:

I believe the word frivolous comes to mind here. And Mierda as well.

How can someone sue for compensation when they received workers comp? This is so terrible, I hope she gets fired like the officer who tried the same thing in the same county.

Im embarrassed to live one county away. It's on the local news for the past few days and the lady can barley speak. She said shes suing because she hasn't received enough money to live off of from workers comp and legally she cant sue the county. How are we first responders when our job is to help not make a bad situation worse.

Un-f*cking-believable!

If I were that 84 y/o woman I'd counter-sue for breaking my septic tank! [incedentally a very costly repair]

Now, I don't have the details here, but traditionally septic fields are not located in the driveway or anywhere else one should be driving their "apparatus." And why, for the love of God, would ya pull the "apparatus" off the street for an EMS run in the first place?

SHAME!

This story should be covered my the channel 2 CBS news SHAME ON YOU reporters..lol