Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
INIT915

Sean bell cops hit with NYPD charges

5 posts in this topic

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05202008/news/...rges_111756.htm

May 20, 2008 --

Seven police officers involved with the Sean Bell shooting were slapped with internal NYPD disciplinary charges, The Post has learned.

The charges, which could lead to loss-of-pay, suspension or dismissal, come nearly a month after a Queens judge acquitted three officers of manslaughter charges stemming from the November 2006 shooting that killed Bell on his wedding day and injured his two friends, sources said.

.Excuse me but this is crap!!!!

its no wonder why nyc cant get new hires easily.

even though i feel it was excessive force these officers did there job when they felt they were in danger....

Edited by DOC22
Use of profanity and caps in irec vilation of forum R&R

Unfortunately, i had a feeling that this was bound to happen. Hopefully the Union steps up.

It's not right, but soooooo typical of New York City. As a civilian employee, for 35 years I know how thy operate, and the Uniformed Services have it worse.

This should come as no surprise to anyone. As soon as the verdict was announced, the media was reporting that Dept. and Federal charges, as well as, civil charges would be filed. I hope that in the future, when a LEO is killed, the same "justice" applies.