Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Brand New - New Rochelle "Squad 22"

12 posts in this topic

Very interesting to note that the Paint Job on the Brand New - New Rochelle Squad 22 ALF Eagle Rig, says "Engine 22" rather than "Squad 22" I certainly hope that Yonkers doesn't make the same mistake when it gets its new SQUAD RIG from ALF, for Squad 311.

Other note is on the side back door it has a logo that says

"Westchester special operations task force"

"Squad 2"

The correct designation is ENGINE 22, when it responds as part of the squad it will be SQUAD 2.

How can one piece of apparatus be called a squad and an engine? Doesn't make sence to me. My ladder has a pump and hose, can I call it a engine on one call and a ladder on the other? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Jus call it a quint LOL

Personally i don't get it either...If these departments are going to start Squad companies, they need to decide if they are going to BE Squad companies OR engine companies

If they are basing it after the FDNY Squad model, it works pretty easy. They are designated as a Squad. However, they respond as an Engine first, second, or third due. They can also do work as a Truck in the event there aren't any Trucks available nearby. They respond as a Squad for manpower on working fires or, as the IC directs. They respond as a HAZ MAT Tech unit when requested or when the incident calls for them. They do rescue work on specific emergencies, such as high angle or pin jobs. Pretty much a little bit of everything.

But don't they have ONLY one number? They are not squad 41 and also called engine 41 or if as a truck called 41 truck. Still only called squad 41 no matter what they roll as.

The new Yonkers Squad 311 will indeed be decaled SQUAD not ENGINE.

But don't they have ONLY one number?  They are not squad 41 and also called engine 41 or if as a truck called 41 truck.  Still only called squad 41 no matter what they roll as.

Yeah, there's only one number. And it should be one number. Sq-311 and Sq-22 for all of it.

DMA- The county got rid of the "quint" designation. Now you are either a ladder or an engine.

JBE you are the first one to put down what the TRUE meaning and use of a squad is. This is EXACTLY what those squad engines are doing...though it is true that NR's apparatus should have been numbered "Squad 22" and not engine nor Squad 2....they threw a wrinkle into the system....A squad is nothing more than an engine with extra (special) equipment and manpower that is extra (specially) trained. They are NOT a rescue company but are a bridge between the 2. For everyday things they are an engine but with extra duties if/when needed....not a very hard concept nor such a big deal....as for a formal designation as to what changes an engine to a squad....well that is a question. If your dept. wants to change to a squad co. then you should find out what equipt. NYC uses as a standard and what YFD and NR have and the min. training and then form your own. Seems like we are spending a heck of alot of time on this one....