Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

Adjacent structure fires due lightning strike & gas leak w/fire - New Hamburg Fire District 6/10/08

4 posts in this topic

Here are some photo's of NHFD's storm related incident that occurred on 6/10/08. They are of #2 Meadow....... I do have some of #11 Swenson but I have not had the time to go through all my images yet. This was a very difficult fire to photograph..... Firstly due to the weather with the wind, rain, and lightning there was a lot going on w/o the fire...... It was a true challenge to keep the lens free of rain but for the most part, I managed (The white spots you see in the images are not on the lens but rain drops frozen/illuminated by the flash)........ My camera did suffer some malfunctions as a result of the rain but again I was able to get the shots and after going over the camera later, it's good to go now...... I have professional rain gear for the camera but it's a pain to use and thus I didn't......... But, I should have....... And lastly perhaps the biggest problem I had was which fire to photograph - There were two....... I ended up photographing #2 Meadow as there seemed to be more fire there....... From this point on, I have to reduce the quality and/or amount of photo's I post here as I am doing other things with them so posting my best here would not be the proper thing to do....... I will still try to post some here that tell the story of the incidents I attend....... Anyway, Here's the photo's......

312138267_8T7mw-L.jpg

The gas fed fire blows out the basement window.

312138140_c3tAu-L.jpg

Firefighters enter the front door of #2 Meadow.

312139901_b7hBM-L.jpg

The rear of #2 Meadow.

312141054_dbeXP-XL.jpg

Wappingers 68-45 is ready to vent the roof if needed (It wasn't) If you look in the center of the photograph you can see the gas fed fire blowing out the basement window......

Once again, GREAT shots, Bill despite all the challenges. You handled them exquisitely!!