Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EJS1810

Spy shot-new Mt Vernon Engine

11 posts in this topic

On www.firepics.net ffdrive posted a picture of the new engine for Mt Vernon fromup at the NYSAFc convention in Lake George. It looks like lots of changes comming to the Vern. Credit to the original photographer.

post-17-1213327432.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by EJS1810

Seriously, is this for really or no???? I do not think so but thats a cool truck.

I think it is a spy shot that comes from a FD in Maine.

Scroll down and you find a picture of this rig.

Link: http://www.firedeptmtvernon.org

Edited by bvfdjc316

LOL..... :lol:

Put it in a paper bag quick before it hits the bay floor :D:D

Put it in a paper bag quick before it hits the bay floor :D:D

Why? Because itsn't a $600 grand Engine? It is an engine, it pumps water and brings ff,s to the call. We all can't have the nice big red fire truck to drive around in!!!!!! Did you look at the Depts web site? Did you see what they had and have to work with? Not all depts out there have the $600 grand plus engines and the $900 grand trucks or the multi millon dollar fire houses. Looks like that engine will do them good and give them years of service!!!!!! You work with what you have or what they give you.

Edited by DR104

Why? Because itsn't a $600 grand Engine? It is an engine, it pumps water and brings ff,s to the call. We all can't have the nice big red fire truck to drive around in!!!!!! Did you look at the Depts web site? Did you see what they had and have to work with? Not all depts out there have the $600 grand plus engines and the $900 grand trucks or the multi millon dollar fire houses. Looks like that engine will do them good and give them years of service!!!!!! You work with what you have or what they give you.

I'm pretty sure he was simply referring to the color, not the usefulness or budget of the fire department.

I'm pretty sure he was simply referring to the color, not the usefulness or budget of the fire department.

I agree ,I think he was refering that it wasn't ripe yet as a joke. Dr104 take a breath and relax.

Wait, You mean thats not our Mt Vernon? :P:PB) Oooops, my bad

Edited by EJS1810

Yes DR I appoligize It was only a joke as to the color of the apparatus. I hope the engine will give them many years of service

Yes DR I appoligize It was only a joke as to the color of the apparatus. I hope the engine will give them many years of service

Nice lookin rig, weird color but nice!!

stay safe!!

I think it is a beautiful rig. This is not from the Mount Vernon that we all know though, Engine 53 is not listed to them. If i were to guess i would say the truck was put together by Pierce since i know that they do a lot with the GMC Kodiak line