Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Colchester Junkyard Fire 06-13-08

6 posts in this topic

A huge fire at the Colchester Auto Recycling plant. Great video from WTNH Channel 8 chopper. Reportedly over 100,000 gallons of gasoline and diesel on site.

Click here for the story

Google Map View

Edited by Slayer61

any haz-mat at this site?

WTNH is reporting that the junkyard is surrounded on three sides by woods, making it very difficult for fire crews to access the fire. Also there are no hydrants in the area. Last I heard it was up to three alarms. Looks like this one will be burning for awhile.

I got a speeding ticket in Colchester recently and the court wasn't even the least bit accomodating! Let it burn.....:P

According to the Ct forum ,looks like 1/3 of the state is responding, both the work and cover empty stations. including the decon trailers, most of the foam trailers .

Only one decon trailer that I know of responded, possibly two. I know the Mohegan Tribal FD was requested as a FAST and they use their trailer prime mover as their FAST truck so its possible they brought their trailer also so thise would be the second one.

The CT foam trailers also responded which I believe were three, one from Hartford, one from Middlesex County and one from New London County. I'll get the apparatus run down when I get a chance.