Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

119th Annual Hudson Valley Volunteer Fireman's Association (HVVFA) Convention Parade hosted by the Ellenville Fire Department - Saturday June 21, 2008

14 posts in this topic

what you missed while you were marching, here's you chance.......... I have posted 500-plus images of the parade that cover it from beginning to end........ All units that participated are represented...... It was a well planned, executed , and attended event and I applaud all those involved in making the event the success that it was. The weather was outstanding although the bright sunshine was a challenge from a photography standpoint...... I placed links below to both the gallery and slide show of all the images..... Enjoy.... Bill Johnson/FDPhotoUnit.com

Link to gallery: http://FDPhotounit.smugmug.com/gallery/523...317733696_bULFo

Link to slideshow: http://FDPhotounit.smugmug.com/photos/swfp...;AlbumKey=DKPa8

(I'm not sure why, but if you go to the gallery and select slideshow on the upper-right, it will open a slideshow that has larger images and thus it's much easier to see the details)

Ps..... I also forgot to post the link to the parades website - http://www.hvvfaconvention.org/

I think that this site was well done and it contains all the information about the parade you could need.

Here's some highlights....

317733696_bULFo-L-1.jpg

The MC gives his opening remarks.

317734811_v9vSL-L-1.jpg

Members of the HVVFA arrive at the reviewing stand.

317735593_hnPFq-L-1.jpg

The trophy wagon.

317736564_iVngW-L-1.jpg

The host department made up of the Cragsmoor, Ellenville, Kerhonkson, and Napanoch Fire Companies.

317737271_bNqoR-L-1.jpg

The Chief officers of each company followed by the men and women of each.

Edited by Photounit

Great shots Bill, I was surprised to see you up there. You had a great location. I must say that was a very windy parade route though, but definitely a good time.

Thanks Jim- I was surprised that I went too...... It was truly a last minute thing....... I decided to go at an alarm 6:00 am that morning....... Glad I went.....Saw a lot of interesting apparatus.........

Let me try this again.

Great shots, Bill, you definitely have the knack!

Let me try this again.

Great shots, Bill, you definitely have the knack!

Thanks guy's...... I don't know if I have the knack ......... I do know that after processing 530 images I DO have a headache!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Thanks guy's...... I don't know if I have the knack ......... I do know that after processing 530 images I DO have a headache!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

That'll do it, for sure!!

Great pics it was a nice time up there

Great pictures!!! Thanks for taking them!!

There were all kinds of emergency vehicles present......

317734329_R2kjt-L-1.jpg

NYC's Environmental Police had a strong presence at the parade by land and air....... I wonder if they were were there to make sure we didn't get any of our slimy primer oil in any of their reservoirs ;)

317738844_k4xRn-L-1.jpg

Kerhonksons E-One pumper-tanker.

317749357_wAYAA-L-1.jpg

Lake George FD's Sutphen Tower.

317775963_PGaS8-L-1.jpg

Plattekill's Pierce pumper-tanker.

317790446_qJNfy-L-1.jpg

Ossinings KME straight aerial.

Orangetown Fire Co.'s (Nyack FD) 1996 Pierce Dash took 1st Place Best Appearing Pumper. You got a great shot of it on page 13 (#150).

Bill , great shots as usual and thanks for doing the slide -show. I missed the parade but it was like being there watching the slides. My favorite is Hunters antique Engine , the bearded driver and the dalmation. "Priceless"

There were all kinds of emergency vehicles present......

317734329_R2kjt-L-1.jpg

NYC's Environmental Police had a strong presence at the parade by land and air....... I wonder if they were were there to make sure we didn't get any of our slimy primer oil in any of their reservoirs ;)

More likely to make sure we didn't put any of our waste/recycled fluids in the reservior :lol::lol: