Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyOV

Yorktown Heights annual parade and carnival 6/25/08

8 posts in this topic

This Wednesday is the YHEC #1 annual fireman's parade and from Wednesday to Sunday, carnival. The parade kicks off at 7pm and the carnival opens following the completion of the parade. Hope to see you all there.

On a side note, if you plan on entering the bull pen after the parade, bring your ID no matter who you are, chief or rookie, 90 or 21. No underage drinking will be allowed, and the practice will be followed strictly.

Can you tell me where exactly the parade and carnival will be held?

Thanks.

Edited by losromero

Can you tell me where exactly the parade and carnival will be held?

Thanks.

Parade line up is on Paine st (parallel to Hanover st)

It then turns onto Hanover and Moseman heading north on Hanover St (the new St. Patricks Church)

Goes north until Underhill Ave, then turns left on Underhill passing the highway department and basketball courts

from there it turns right onto Commerce street passing by railroad park,

turns left onto Commerce street (at the firehouse) and continues to Veterans rd

make the right onto Veterans for another 1/8 of a mile and it ends at the rear entrance to the fire house

The carnival is held directly behind our firehouse at 1916 Commerce St.

You might start seeing the ID thing a little more, tis the days of law suits and such. I'm for it, but make sure its announced prior to the parade, like on the invite or something. Most people don't carry their wallets with them at parades. Good heads up on here though.

Thanks Chief for the heads up on the I.D!!

whooooaaaa lol, hold up on the chief talk

You might start seeing the ID thing a little more, tis the days of law suits and such. I'm for it, but make sure its announced prior to the parade, like on the invite or something. Most people don't carry their wallets with them at parades. Good heads up on here though.

Yeah, from what I was told, it was put out on the invitation, but I just want to make sure every knows its being taken seriously here.