Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimesUp

How To Solve Mount Vernon's Staffing Issues?

2 posts in this topic

The problem is that the Mayor they have is always shutting down engine companys or dropping the manning levels to dangerous numbers of personel. He does this because he said "If I have a fire in my town I'll just call mutual aid" So the guys down there respond with skeleton crews. Their on their own for the first most hectic and dangerous moments of a fire. Then the mutual aid companys role in. The guys in Mt. Vernon will never have the staffing they need if you guys from all over the county shoot over there on mutual aid. Support our brothers in Mt. Vernon! Help them get their manning up to safe levels! If your phone rings at home don't answer it! Remember its called mutual aid! Not supplementel aid!

So what your saying is dont respond to mutal aid?

Does that make it so the FDMV will increase thier manpower, NO. That will make it so thier is no more city to protect.

It seems the problem is not mutal aid, but the mayor, the fire commisoner and the city counsel.

Dont say "don't answer your phone" is not right. The way to change it is get out and vote make the voices heard. Get a better unoin pres, whatever you have to do.

But to make the public suffer because there is minimum manpower is selfish.

Dont get me wrong there is no reason to put FF in harms way. But dont you think that saying dont go will also result in a FF getting hurt. Think about it!