Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oswegowind

Westchester County PD Pursuit into Rockland County 7-15-08

11 posts in this topic

Am working, but not paying attention tonight...what is up with the pursuit on the hotline...sounds like County and State and maybe some others. Something about deploying "stingers" which we found on wikipedia as the federal signal's brand name spike strips. Sounded like they were doing this on I87 at exit 13 in Rockland County but the pursuit began in Westchester and went over the bridge. Any info is as always, appreciated.

It started in YONKERS - surprise surprise!!!

:P

SP was prepared to deploy stop sticks at exit 13 but of course the suspect exited at 12. Figures doesn't it?

I was monitoring this Incident:

WCPD "Traffic 1" attempted to stop the vehicle in the area of Lawrence Street

at which time the vehicle did not comply.

Traveled North up the Saw Mill Pkwy to 287/87

then on 87 North over the TZB into Rockland County.

I believe it ended on Route 303 or in the area.

GOOD JOB!

Clakstown Police picked up the vehicle on Route 303 N/B from the NY State Thruway, vehicle pulled over on Route 330 & Emerald in Valley Cottage. Don't have any other details then that, wasn't working.

In a chase like this, could'nt the police or whoever close down the Tappen Zee bridge and isolate the car involved to Westchester?

In a chase like this, could'nt the police or whoever close down the Tappen Zee bridge and isolate the car involved to Westchester?

In theory, but it takes time to shut down a road and from the Saw Mill to the TZB its only a couple of minutes and thats not while fleeing the police.

A problem that I have been seeing a LOT lately is people driving with the DRLs on and forgetting to turn on the rest of their lights at night. Sure the DRLs are as bright as the normal headlights, but most people forget it doesn't activate the rest of their markers making them sometimes invisible right until you are on top of them. Whoever decided to bring stealth to the automotive industry should be flogged. :)

Chris192,

Where were you Bro?

Chris192,

Where were you Bro?

He was in the helo buffin the pursuit! :lol:

Mike