Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DADAY

Neet Comunication

6 posts in this topic

That is one of the coolest things that I've ever seen when it comes to automated call information.

Notice that if u click the location u can also get a map, then a phoe view

60-Control has a similar type of thing. To the best of my knowledge it isn't for immediate public information like that Florida County site is, but all the information from the CAD on every call that is put into their computers can be accessed by anyone with a password from any given agency. For example, our captain can access the website with all the call information (for whatever period of time, weeks, months, etc--all the way until seconds ago) he is looking for. When he pulls it up on the screen it gives the same information: location, dispatch info, units involved, times, run numbers. I don't know if it can provide a map, but who cares.

So it does exist. If it's not intended to be public knowledge for a specific reason, then it will stay that way, if it will be soon, then I am sure it's the very near future.

This was brought up on another board I am a member of. I don't see this as being such a good idea for public view. Strictly from a security standpoint. Some things are better left alone.

The info is always available anyway by scanner, etc. I think having a visual when you know there is a call is a plus. Security wise, people doing the wrong thing will ALWAYS find a way to do the wrong thing.

Happy New Year to all.