Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Putnam Dispatchers exam

10 posts in this topic

http://putnamcountyny.com/personnel/exampostings.htm

Go to the bottom, read everything, make sure you qualify, and then print out the application...

Applications are due by AUGUST 8TH, the test is on September 6th, and the application fee is $20

Edited by jack10562
repair broken link

Hey is the top pay really only $33K? Or is that after one year?

Starting pay is around 33,700, and i believe an extra 2000 is added if you have your EMT... This is for Putnam 911, not sure what the other agencies are offering...

Is this test for the same job classification as the test given last September? They burned through a list in a year?

just found out that the filing deadline was extended to 8/15/08 so if anyone is still interested, you still have a few days to have it postmarked by

Good luck to those of you taking this exam. I've been there a few times and it seems like a cool place to work. If the guy running the show is still who I think it is, you're in good hands. Class act and knows his stuff.

why are dispatcher paid so little in NY?

Edited by eckyphats

why are dispatcher paid so little in NY?

Depends on what agency you work for. Dispatchers now start at about $50,000 where I work.

Depends on what agency you work for. Dispatchers now start at about $50,000 where I work.

Sounds good - but unfortunately $50,000 to start seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Most dispatching jobs I'm familiar with start between about $28,000-$36,000, and you don't reach $50,000 until you've been on the job for a few years (and some don't even reach $50,000 at top pay !!!).

This test would qualify you for all the dispatch agencies(Putnam 911, Putnam County Sheriff's, Carmel, and Kent PD) in Putnam.

Starting pay for Putnam 911 and the PCSO is the same(same union & contract)- $33,000 approx plus $2,000 more for EMT's.

Currently I am going into my Fourth Step and that is bringing me to about $45,000. Top pay is about $48,000 plus longevity pay. But we are without a current contract so expect an increase hopefully soon.